Should I go to the gym?
We’re getting this question A LOT and the advice at this stage (16 March 2020) is: If you are feeling unwell or have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and rest… more on that below.
If you are healthy, keep going!
In fact, Queensland Government highlights the importance of “looking after yourself by eating a healthy, balanced diet, getting regular physical activity, sleeping well and reducing stress”.
Take sensible precautions such as:
- washing your hands when you arrive and again before you leave
- wiping equipment before and after use
- using a towel to create a barrier between you and the equipment
- avoid touching your face, nose and mouth
- minimise skin contact with others (high-fives are OUT, fist-bumps are IN) and space yourself out from other gym-users
- clean your gym gear regularly (including water bottles, weight gloves and gym bags).
We’ll do our bit by maintaining our usual high standards of hygiene … wiping down mats and equipment, washing boxing wraps and sanitising boxing gloves after EVERY. SINGLE. USE.
What if I need to reschedule a session?
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please follow official guidelines to self-quarantine. Whilst these precautions are difficult to weather as a small business, your health and the safety of others is our main concern.
Please allow as much notice as possible – a text at any time of the day or night is welcome.
Your help and support in this matter is greatly appreciated.
What if I’m quarantined?
Don’t let this situation become an obstacle that gets between you and your goals.
If you’re quarantined or practicing social distancing and would prefer to workout at home for the duration of the pandemic, we’ve got you covered with mobile and online training options.
Mobile Personal Training
We come to you – at home or a nearby park – making it easy to prioritise your physical and mental health even if you have to work from home or your kids are home from school.
Our Mobile PT services are offered one on one or you can train with your partner, friend or neighbour if you prefer.
Find out more here.
Online Coaching & Accountability
Sure, there are plenty of free workouts available online but generally, they’re too easy and you lose interest or too hard and you quit, feeling overwhelmed #failedagain. That’s the problem with formulaic, one-size-fits-all offerings.
If you want to get the results you desire, you need a coaching and accountability package tailored to your goals and needs. Online coaching and accountability includes:
- Skype consultation and goal-setting session
- weekly training programs customised to your needs, goals, time and equipment you have available.
- access to the Vitalita app where you can access your workouts, watch easy to follow video tutorials and track your nutrition
- unlimited text access to our trainers so none of your questions go unanswered
- BONUS #1 a weekly SOS call for those moments when you need extra motivation and support; and
- BONUS #2 nutrition and goal-setting guide created by Zoe Morosini Nutrition.
PLUS, for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ll do a free equipment audit to help you get the most out of your at home workouts!
Find out more about online coaching and accountability here.
For the time being, it’s business as usual!
If you’ve got questions or concerns, please reach out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0400 287 154.